Move along THE LINK with special guest, Mark Fenton, and learn about Active Living and the Built Environment!
Mark is a national public health, planning, and transportation consultant, an adjunct associate professor at Tufts University’s Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, and former host of the “America’s Walking” series on PBS television. He’s author of numerous books including the best selling “Complete Guide to Walking for Health, Weight Loss, and Fitness” (Lyons Press, 2nd edition 2008). He was a developer of the University of North Carolina’s Safe Routes to School clearinghouse, and facilitator for the walkable community workshop series of the National Center for Bicycling and Walking; he now provides technical training and community planning as an independent consultant.
We’ll walk and *bike the entire trail, with special stops along the way:
Click here to download the full Mobile Summit Schedule.
- 9:00 am: Doling Park / Talmage Trail – Ribbon Cutting & Press Conference, 301 E. Talmage, SPRINGFIELD, MO 65803
- (We are aware that FB ‘places’ lists the location as Shell Knob. Unfortunately, we cannot fix this. Please note correct address above.)
- 10:30am: Boyd Elementary / LINK sign
- 10:45am: Leave Boyd, bike to MSU**
- 12pm: Lunch at Missouri State University, Plaster Student Union, East Ballroom*** (arriving close to 11:45)
- 1:15pm: Leave MSU, bike to Medical Mile
- 1:30pm: Stop at Fassnight Creek
- 2pm: Holland Elementary / LINK sign
- 3pm: End at A&B Cycle
- 3:15pm: A&B Cycle’s shuttle will take riders back to vehicles
*Bike provided upon request.
**If you’d like to ride your own bike, you may leave it at Boyd Elementary at 8:30am and a van will take you from Boyd Elementary to the Doling Family Center at 8:45am for the ribbon cutting that begins at 9am.
***If you’re planning to join us for lunch, please RSVP by 2-28-14 to email@example.com or online here.
Share your pictures from this event on social media with hashtag, #LoveTheLinkSGF!
Ozark Greenways‘ Annual Meeting
Hammons Heart Institute
6pm Hors d’oeuvres
1325 E Cherokee St, Springfield MO
Mark will discuss his experience in Springfield and share ideas to keep us ‘moving’ to the future! View their FB event page here.
For more information about this event, visit us online here.
More about Mark Fenton at: http://markfenton.com/index.html